The 12 absolute best low carb snacks on the go! They’re all quick and simple to make ahead, plus easy to take with you anywhere in an instant.
Finding good keto low carb snacks on the go can be one of the most challenging parts of eating low carb and gluten-free. Many typical low carb foods need to be refrigerated, making them less convenient to bring along somewhere. Besides, low carb finger foods are relatively hard to come by. The traditional wheat-filled chips and crackers, as well as sugar-laden candies, are definitely out.
If you do try to find something store bought, most low carb snacks on the go are highly processed. What’s more, many are filled with questionable ingredients. Often times they are sweetened with high-glycemic sugar alcohols like maltitol (see my comparison of natural sweeteners for more info), chock full of preservatives, or even flavored with MSG. No, thank you! The good news is, it’s easier than you think to prepare homemade alternatives.
There’s no reason not to make your own easy portable low carb snacks. It only takes a little planning to do it ahead of time. And, it’s so worth it. The result is having convenient keto snacks on hand to grab-and-go when you need them.
I’ve compiled this roundup of the best low carb snacks on the go, so you have a handy list all in one place! They are all keto, gluten-free, sugar-free, and convenient to bring along when you’re out and about. I love making pre-made batches of these low carb crackers, jerky, pretzels, chips, granola bars, candied nuts, and more.
1. 3-Ingredient Paleo Crackers from Wholesome Yum – The best, most buttery low carb crackers ever. And, you only need 3 ingredients.
2. Ground Beef Jerky from Low Carb Yum – It’s easy to make your own homemade jerky out of ground meat.
3. Genius Grain Free Pretzels from Sugar Free Londoner – Soft and simply irresistible: low carb, grain free pretzels take snacking to the next level.
4. Cold Meat Wraps from Ditch The Carbs – A simple, bread-free sandwich wrap that takes seconds to make.
5. Pizza Chips from Beauty and the Foodie – Low carb pizza chips are the easy way to get big pizza taste in a crisp pepperoni cheesy chip.
6. Loaded Peanut Butter Protein Bars from My Montana Kitchen – Peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, coconut, and chocolate make for a perfect protein bar.
7. Toasted Coconut Mixed Nuts from Everyday Maven – Coconut flavored mixed nuts make a perfectly portable finger-food snack.
8. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins from Tasteaholics – Low carb & gluten-free chocolate chip muffins are a great way to meal prep in the beginning of the week.
9. Crispy Green Bean Chips from Whole New Mom – Crispy green beans are a delicious snack to take on the go.
10. BBQ Pork Rinds from Step Away From The Carbs – Make your own BBQ flavor pork rind snack and keep them sugar free.
11. Chewy “Granola Bars” from Low Carb Maven – These low carb and gluten free chewy granola bars taste just like the real thing and are perfect as a quick snack.
12. Candied Pecans from Wholesome Yum – Make a big batch of these sugar-free candied pecans in the slow cooker, so you’ll always have them on hand to munch on.
P.S. If you like these keto low carb snacks on the go, you’ll want to save the collection for later: