FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Are The Ingredients For Broccoli Casserole With Cream Cheese?
- How To Make Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Can You Make Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole Ahead?
- Can You Freeze Broccoli And Cheese Casserole?
- What To Serve With Easy Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Tools To Make The Best Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot®️. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
I have a feeling that you might want to add this keto broccoli cheese casserole recipe to your holiday menus. While broccoli and cheese casserole may not be a traditional holiday side, on days when the time is tight and the oven is full, easy broccoli cheese casserole will get a delicious side dish on the table fast – no oven space required! Serve up this broccoli casserole with cream cheese alongside any main dish and dinner is served.
This low carb broccoli cheese casserole was inspired by my popular 5-ingredient broccoli cheese soup. The ingredients are almost identical – it’s just (much) thicker, so it’s in casserole form. If you like more protein with your casseroles, though, it’s also very similar to my chicken divan recipe!
And, it’s made in my new 10-QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker, meaning it comes together in a flash!
Here are just a few of my favorite things about this pressure cooker that makes it different from others I’ve tried:
- The size is great for the holidays and bigger gatherings! At a full 10 quarts, it can hold A LOT. Plus, it can even fit larger items that normally wouldn’t fit into a pressure cooker, like a whole turkey. I could fit a generous sized of broccoli cheese casserole in here (12 servings), and it would still fit if you wanted to double the recipe.
- It’s intuitive to use. With other pressure cookers, you set the time and then just wait for it to turn on. I was always wondering, “is it on?” This one has a “Start” button that makes it super clear.
- 3 words: Easy Release Steam Dial. I love that the pressure release dial is not in the same spot as where the hot steam comes out – it’s on the opposite side. No risk of getting burned!
- Progress bar. With most pressure cookers you can’t tell when it’s come up to pressure, so it’s nice that this one tells you.
Making an easy broccoli cheese casserole keto style is pretty easy to begin with, but this Crock-Pot pressure cooker makes it unbelievably fast! The whole thing comes together in 15 minutes flat, which that includes the time to come up to pressure and the time to melt the cheese under the broiler.
This is why I love easy pressure cooker recipes. 🙂
What Are The Ingredients For Broccoli Casserole With Cream Cheese?
There are just 6 ingredients in this keto broccoli cheese casserole recipe:
- Chicken broth
- Broccoli florets
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
…Plus salt and pepper to taste.
How To Make Broccoli Cheese Casserole
This easy broccoli and cheese casserole takes just 5 minutes of active time and doesn’t even require the oven. It’s the perfect side to a quick dinner or holiday meal.
Here’s how to make keto broccoli and cheese casserole:
- Saute garlic. First, start the Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker by pressing the Saute button. No need to adjust the time, we’ll do that later. Add the butter to the pot and when it melts, add in minced garlic. Saute it for just a minute or so, until it starts to brown.
TIP: It will burn quickly after browning, so have your broth ready for the next step!
- Steam broccoli. To prevent the garlic from burning, once the garlic cooks, we’ll add chicken broth to the pot, followed by broccoli. Cover the Crock-Pot Express XXL with the lid and press the steam button with the timer set to one minute.
TIP: Don’t cut the florets too small, or they will overcook and may break down too easily when stirring later.
NOTE #1: You read that right – it takes just a MINUTE to steam broccoli in the Crock-Pot pressure cooker! It will come up to pressure for 5 minutes and then cook at pressure for 1 minute, then it’s done. It will be bright green and crisp-tender.
NOTE #2: The broccoli will shrink while cooking, so 8 cups florets will yield about 6 cups cooked.
- Stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Once you release the pressure and open up the pressure cooker, stir in the cream and cheddar cheeses. Broccoli casserole made with cream cheese is the secret to a super creamy casserole.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Top casserole. Sprinkle remaining cheese onto the broccoli cheddar casserole and cover until cheese melts.
TIP: If you prefer, you can transfer the casserole to a white casserole dish for serving, sprinkle on the cheese, and broil in the oven to melt.
I like to pair this keto broccoli cheese casserole with a simple protein dish like roasted chicken, turkey, steaks, or burgers. And if it’s part of a holiday meal, serve it with roasted turkey, ham, prime rib, or even lobster tails.
You really can’t go wrong. This broccoli and cheese casserole recipe might turn veggie-afraid into veggie believers! (Even my 2-year-old, who is resistant to most “green things”, asked for seconds.)
Can You Make Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole Ahead?
Yes, you can make this broccoli and cheese casserole recipe ahead. While it takes only a few minutes to make, you can make it ahead and then transfer to a oven-safe baking dish, sprinkle with the cheese for the topping, and cover with foil or plastic wrap.
When you are ready to serve it, heat in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Can You Freeze Broccoli And Cheese Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze this broccoli casserole with cream cheese. One of the best things about casseroles is that they are so easy to make ahead and reheat.
After you steam the broccoli in the pressure cooker, stir in the cheeses and let the casserole cool completely. Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese, cover tightly, and freeze.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven until hot.
TIP: Give the broccoli cheddar casserole a good stir after freezing and reheating!
What To Serve With Easy Broccoli Cheese Casserole
There are so many ways to serve this keto broccoli and cheese casserole. I like to keep it simple with a simple protein. Just about anything will work. Grilled chicken or steak, sauteed shrimp, or any of these recipes:
- Perfect Prime Rib – This broccoli cheese casserole recipe is so quick, you can make it while your prime rib is resting! The ultimate holiday meal.
- Best Broiled Lobster Tails – Need a side dish for your holiday main dishes? Broccoli cheese casserole with cream cheese pairs with just about everything and couldn’t be easier to make!
- Sirloin Steak – All this easy oven sirloin steak needs is a cheesy, green side dish.
- Garlic Shrimp – Another 15-minute dish!
- Crispy Roasted Chicken Thighs – If there is is a better combination than chicken with fresh broccoli cheese casserole, I haven’t tried it. It’s a classic for a reason.
Tools To Make The Best Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- 10-QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker – The secret to my quick and easy broccoli cheese casserole!
Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
This easy keto broccoli cheese casserole recipe is ready in 15 minutes! See how to make broccoli casserole with cream cheese (only 6 ingredients). Simple, versatile, and kid-friendly!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Press the Saute button on the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker. Press Start (no need to adjust the time). Add the butter and wait for it to melt. Use a spatula to shift it to the center if it goes off to the sides. Add the minced garlic. Saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add the chicken broth right away once the garlic is done, to prevent burning it. Then, add the broccoli florets. Stir.
Cover the Crock-Pot pressure cooker with the lid - line up the arrow with the unlock symbol, then twist counterclockwise so that the arrow lines up with the lock symbol. Turn the Steam Release Dial to the Seal position (the one with an X over it).
Press the Steam button. Use the minus button to reduce the time to 1 minute. Press Start. The pressure cooker will come up to pressure (about 5 minutes), cook for 1 minute, and then beep to signal it's done. It will switch to the Warm setting (you'll see a light) and start counting up.
Once you hear the beep, use the Quick Pressure Release right away to stop cooking - rotate the Steam Release Dial into the Release position (the one without the X over it). Let all the steam escape, then open the lid when no more steam is coming out. (The lid should twist open and release easily.) Broccoli will be bright green and tender.
Gently stir in the cubed cream cheese and 2 cups (256 grams) shredded cheddar cheese, until smooth. (It will take a couple minutes of stirring.) If desired, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup (64 grams) shredded cheese on top. Loosely close the lid without sealing and turn on Warm to melt the cheese. Alternatively, you can transfer the casserole to a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese, and place in the oven at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) for 3-5 minutes to melt.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Video Showing How To Make Broccoli Cheese Casserole:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Broccoli Cheese Casserole!
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂