Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
Step up your salad game with this easy lobster salad recipe. I love a good lobster tail, but when I have leftovers, this salad is my favorite way to use them up. It’s similar to chicken salad, crab salad, or tuna salad, except with succulent chunks of lobster meat and flavor closer to a lobster roll. It makes a tasty make-ahead healthy lunch, or the perfect addition to an appetizer spread at a party!
Why You’ll Love This Lobster Salad Recipe
- Sweet, succulent, and savory
- Juicy chunks of lobster, crisp veggies, creamy dressing
- Simple ingredients
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Perfect for lunch prep, barbecues, parties, or a quick and easy snack
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose ingredients for the best lobster salad, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Lobster Meat – This lobster salad is my favorite way to use leftover broiled lobster tail, air fryer lobster tail, or grilled lobster tail. Cut the tail meat into bite-size pieces to use in this recipe. You can use the claw meat as well if you have more than just tails. If you don’t have any on hand, you can buy packages of cooked lobster as a shortcut.
- Celery – The crunchy texture provides a nice contrast to the creaminess of the salad. If you’re not a fan of celery or want to add even more crunch, add 1/4 cup of finely diced red onion (or shallot).
- Mayonnaise – This makes up the base of the dressing for lobster salad. I use my own homemade mayonnaise, but store-bought would work just fine. You can also use Greek yogurt instead if you like.
- Lemon Juice – I recommend fresh lemon juice for the best flavor, but you can also use bottled for convenience.
- Dijon Mustard – I prefer the flavor of Dijon, but regular yellow mustard work, too.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper – Lends a subtle, spicy kick that enhances the flavor. Feel free to add more if you like heat!
- Fresh Chives – Chives are my fave pairing here, but you can substitute with any fresh herbs of choice, like fresh tarragon, dill, parsley, green onion, or basil.
- Bibb Lettuce Leaves – Also known as butter lettuce. These are optional, if you plan to serve as lettuce wraps!
How To Make Lobster Salad
This section shows how to make this lobster salad recipe, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Mix the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne, until smooth. (You can also mix the dressing in a separate small bowl, but I prefer to use the salad bowl for less dishes to wash!)
- Make the lobster salad. Add lobster, celery and chives. Fold in the mayo mixture until pieces are well coated.
TIP: If you have time, refrigerate for 1 hour.
You can enjoy right away, but if you have time to chill for an hour, this lets the flavors develop and makes this dish taste even better.
- Serve. Spoon over butter lettuce leaves, or try other serving suggestions below.
Store lobster salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Do not freeze.
Ways To Serve Lobster Salad Recipes
Lobster salad recipes are perfect for picnics, barbecues, summer gatherings, and lunch meal prep. You can serve it so many ways! Here are some easy ideas:
- Lettuce Wraps – My favorite way to serve lobster salad, pictured above! You can also jazz it up by adding sliced avocado, sliced or diced tomatoes, and cucumbers, and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Sandwiches – This dish makes a great picnic option, especially when spread inside split top hot dog buns (much like a lobster roll!). For lighter options, slather it between two slices of 90 second bread or fluffy cloud bread.
- Crackers – Lobster salad adds a touch of luxury to any charcuterie board, and makes a mouthwatering dip. Pair it with buttery almond flour crackers or crunchy flax seed crackers for a delicious, light snack. You can also scoop it with your favorite tortilla chips (or almond flour tortilla chips)!
- Bell Peppers – Spread inside a hollowed out bell pepper (like a bell pepper sandwich), or stuff it inside stuffed mini peppers.
More Seafood Salad Recipes
Craving more healthy seafood salads? Try out these irresistible fish and seafood salad recipes for a light and flavorful meal:
Lobster Salad (10 Minutes!)
Make an easy lobster salad in just 10 minutes, with juicy chunks of lobster, herbs, spices, and creamy dressing — perfect for any occasion!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne, until smooth.
Add lobster, celery and chives. Gently toss or fold in the mayo mixture until well coated.
Serve right away, or if you have time, refrigerate for 1 hour to let the flavors develop.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition info does not include optional ingredient.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂