This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
There’s just something awesome about good friends and good food converging in one place that’s pretty awesome. Especially when that food involves cheese and bacon with a nice spicy kick. Enter: bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers!
These easy jalapeño poppers are the perfect party food. And, no one will realize that they’re indulging in healthy food.
Seriously, that’s the best kind of treat; one that is simple, good for you, delicious, and a crowd pleaser! When you make this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe, no one’s going to suspect they’re eating a simple keto snack.
These baked jalapeño poppers come together with just 7 ingredients and in less than half an hour. Bon Appétit, friends!
Why Make Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers?
If you love spicy food, bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers are right up there on the list of Awesome Spicy Foods. The combination of spicy, creamy, and savory is hard to beat.
Baked jalapeño poppers make fun snacks any time of year, but especially in the fall. In the midst of football season, they’re undoubtedly a favorite party food.
These delicious, naturally low carb appetizers fit right into your next tailgating party. Or any party, for that matter. These low carb zucchini fries are another popular option here at Wholesome Yum. (And you can always find more low carb appetizers here!)
Jalapeño peppers contain a chemical called capsaicin, which is what makes these baked jalapeño poppers hot… and healthy.
Capsaicin has serotonin-boosting properties, which means a better mood and sharper memory for you. In addition, it has been shown to boost metabolism, helping people lose weight. The compound also contains cancer-fighting antioxidants, and combats inflammation, too. *, *, *
Not only are you enjoying the taste of your keto jalapeño poppers, but your body is enjoying the benefits of these spicy gluten free appetizers.
Are those enough reasons for you to try these easy jalapeño poppers? Probably. But there’s more…
How about the total “wow” factor of smoky bacon and gooey cheese?! Um, yes, please.
If you have vegetarian friends, you can also make some gluten-free jalapeño poppers to serve alongside these. Just use a low carb bread crumb option like almond flour or pork rinds to keep them low carb.
When you serve these bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers, nobody will think about the fact that they are a low carb healthy food! Seriously, everyone just inhales these whenever I set them out along with a cheese ball appetizer.
With bacon, cream cheese, and that jalapeño kick, those are the flavors that people notice – and love. That’s just what you’re looking for when you need a low carb appetizer to bring to, or serve at, a tailgating party. Not only will you get to enjoy these keto jalapeño poppers, but everyone else will, too.
Time Saving Tricks for Baked Jalapeño Poppers
One of the reasons this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe is so simple is that you use bacon bits!
That’s right, no stuffing the jalapeños and then wrapping them up like you have to do for most keto jalapeño poppers.
Not only is it faster, but these easy jalapeño poppers also give you a crispier bacon. And crispy bacon is the best bacon, am I right?
In addition to that, this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe calls for baking at 400 which saves you time. Gotta love an easy, fast snack.
How To Make Jalapeño Poppers in the Oven
You won’t believe how simple it is to whip up these easy jalapeño poppers! Just 7 ingredients, ten minutes of prep, and fifteen minutes of patience while you wait for them to bake so you can sample one (because, after all, every good hostess makes sure her treats are delish before giving them to her friends!).
Once you see how simple it is to make these baked jalapeño poppers, you’ll probably want to whip some up to enjoy right now.
Tips for Making Easy Jalapeño Poppers
- Wear gloves. The first thing you need to do is wear gloves when you handle the jalapeños. The capsaicin in them can irritate your skin, or worse, if you touch your eyes later it will sting like crazy; the seeds are the worst part. Wash your hands well after you assemble the bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers, even though you are wearing gloves. Trust me on this one!
- Pre-cook the bacon. Make sure your bacon is cooked first if you’re using fresh bacon. Otherwise, you can use pre-cooked bacon bits which is part of what makes this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe so very simple.
- Decide what to do with the stems When you prep the jalapeños, you can remove the stems if you want or leave them on. It’s totally up to you!
- Soften the cream cheese. Set your cream cheese out ahead of time. It’s going to be way easier to mix it if it’s room temperature.
- Don’t toss the extra filling. The exact amount of filling you need will vary a bit depending on the size and shape of your jalapeños, but the amounts in this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe are pretty spot on. If you have any extra filling left, you can use it as a spread on low carb crackers. (Some people might even make extra just for the dip…ahem).
Make Ahead Keto Jalapeño Poppers
This keto jalapeño poppers recipe is also great because you can make it ahead. Make the filling and put together your baked jalapeño poppers up to a few days ahead.
You can keep them in the fridge, then bake them when you’re ready to serve. They may take just a bit longer if you bake them from the fridge.
And as unlikely as it is that you’ll have leftovers (I mean, who is going to leave even a single one of these bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers sitting on a tray?), you can just store them in an airtight container in the fridge and bake them to reheat.
How To Freeze Jalapeño Poppers
Another great thing about these easy jalapeño poppers is that you can flash freeze them and have them on hand for sudden cravings or surprise company.
To freeze the jalapeño poppers before baking, simply make them up, put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze them until solid. Just make sure your bacon bits are firmly anchored in the cream cheese mixture, so they don’t fall off.
After that, put them in a freezer bag and pull them out to have fresh baked keto jalapeño poppers whenever you want! Bake them in the oven when you’re ready.
Another option is to bake them first, which works equally well. Reheat them in the oven – you don’t even have to thaw them before baking. This method will bake a little faster after freezing, since you pre-baked them first.
You can serve these gluten free jalapeño poppers alone or as part of a smorgasbord of low carb gluten free appetizers. Check out these buffalo cauliflower bites, Caprese skewers, easy fried pickles, and zucchini pizza bites for some other awesome low carb party foods that your guests will enjoy.
Tools To Make Jalapeno Poppers:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Parchment Paper – Lining your pan with parchment paper is a great trick to use. Cleaning-up after making these Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers is so easy when you use this trick.
- Baking Sheet – This baking sheet is my absolute favorite. It’s perfect for this delicious recipe.
- Bowl – These bowls are always being used in my kitchen. They come in multiple sizes which makes them great for all types of recipes.
Cream cheese Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon (Low Carb, Gluten-Free):
Pin it to save for later!
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon (Low Carb, Gluten-Free)
RECIPE VIDEOClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small bowl, stir/mash together the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro, and garlic. (You can heat a bit if the cream cheese is too hard.) Fill the jalapeno halves with the mixture. Place onto the lined baking sheet.
- Top each jalapeno popper with about a teaspoon of bacon bits, pressing lightly into the cream cheese filling.
Bake about 15 minutes, until the peppers are soft and the bacon on top is crispy.
Nutrition info is per popper, but you could easily have more as a serving.
Serving size: 1 jalapeno popper
Video Showing How To Make Jalapeno Poppers:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Jalapeno Poppers!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!