This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Can you have garlic on keto? The answer is clear! Get the lowdown on the carbs in garlic, the best garlic keto recipes, and more.
Garlic: It’s a universally loved flavor enhancer and makes just about any recipe better. Let’s learn more about eating garlic on keto and how it affects your macros.
Is Garlic Keto Friendly?
Yes, garlic is very keto friendly! Since recipes typically use garlic to add flavor instead of bulk, the carbs in garlic probably won’t max out your macros.
Even if you add a generous amount of garlic to your dishes, it probably won’t have a very harsh impact on your daily macro goals. Just avoid eating a whole head of garlic at once!
How Many Carbs In Garlic?
A single raw clove of garlic contains 0.9 grams of net carbs.[*]
If you use it to flavor a recipe, the carbs in garlic are distributed through the entire dish and impact your daily macros even less. (Remember: A traditional keto diet does not exceed 20-25 grams of net carbs daily.)
How Many Carbs in Garlic Powder?
If you enjoy garlic on keto, you’ll want to know how many carbs are in garlic powder, too.
You’ll want to be more careful with the carbs in garlic powder. Since it contains garlic with all the water removed, it is more potent and contains higher carbs by weight.
One teaspoon of garlic powder contains 2 grams of net carbs [*]. You may not want to eat garlic powder by itself, but you can easily add garlic powder to savory keto dishes and keep carbs low!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto Garlic Recipes
Since it’s so easy to enjoy garlic on keto, you can make lots of low carb garlic recipes. Here are the top 10 popular ones here on Wholesome Yum:
- Keto Garlic Cheesy Bread – Packed with garlic flavor, it also has gooey pull-apart mozzarella between the pieces. If you prefer garlic breadsticks, I have those in my Easy Keto Cookbook!
- Keto Garlic Parmesan Wings – So tender, yet so crispy… all with no breading.
- Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup – Rich and creamy, yet light at the same time… with lots of delicious garlic flavor.
- Rosemary Garlic Pork Tenderloin – Juicy, flavorful, and super quick to make for an easy dinner.
- Sauteed Broccoli With Garlic – Simple and packed with flavor! Several readers say this is the best broccoli they’ve ever had.
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower – Super flavorful with parmesan and garlic! A delicious side dish or vegetarian keto entree.
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken – This recipe needs very minimal prep time, because your slow cooker does all the work.
- Roasted Garlic Green Beans – This recipe uses thinly sliced garlic and a trick to prevent it from burning.
- Ground Beef Cauliflower Lasagna – A meaty, cheesy recipe that satisfies.
- Lemon Garlic Aioli – A creamy and flavorful dip you’ll want to put on everything. One of my favorite uses is for keto salmon.
So, is garlic keto? Absolutely — keep it on-hand to add a pop of flavor to all your savory low carb dishes!