This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Everyone needs a basic, easy deviled eggs recipe in their pocket. This keto deviled eggs recipe with bacon is naturally low carb, but it makes a great appetizer for everyone, no matter what they eat like.
What Are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are an appetizer or finger food that is made from hard-boiled eggs. The yolks are removed, turned into a filling, and then put back into the white portion of the eggs.
Why Are They Called Deviled Eggs?
Back in the 1700’s, spicy foods were referred to as deviled! Many deviled egg recipes were made with lots of mustard and were spicy. The name stuck!
Keto Deviled Eggs Ingredients
The ingredients for this simple deviled eggs recipe are very common and easy to find. Here’s the basic list:
- Eggs (duh?!)
- Mayonnaise – The base of the yolk filling. You can make your own avocado mayo or buy it.
- Dijon mustard – Adds a little spice
- Apple cider vinegar – Gives tang to the deviled eggs keto recipe
- Garlic powder – Used to flavor
- Bacon – Optional, but not really because it’s bacon! I like to bake bacon in the oven like this for these.
- Smoked paprika – Adds smoky flavor and a bit of color
- Fresh chives – For the garnish and they also add some delicate onion flavor
How To Boil Eggs For Deviled Eggs
I might be stating the obvious here, but the process for how to boil eggs for deviled eggs is no different than boiling eggs for other purposes. The key is getting the yolk just right!
For perfect deviled eggs, the yolk should be pale yellow and firm, but not dry. And, you definitely don’t want the dreaded green ring around it!
Fortunately, my guide for how to boil eggs will make sure you get perfect deviled eggs every time. Using that method, you’ll want to set the timer for about 8 or 9 minutes. Plus, they’ll be easy to peel, too!
You can also bake hard boiled eggs in the oven if you prefer.
How To Make Deviled Eggs With Bacon
This deviled egg recipe with bacon is ready in less than 20 minutes!
- Boil your eggs. Boil your eggs for 8-9 minutes just like this. Be sure to plunge them into ice water afterward, to stop the cooking process.
- Make the filling. Peel the eggs, slice them in half the long way, and place the yolks into a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and sea salt to the eggs.
- Fill the eggs. Pipe the egg yolk mixture back into the egg white halves.
TIP: No special piping bag required. Just use a regular bag with a corner snipped.
- Add topping. Top with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, crumbled bacon, and fresh chives.
Yum! The best deviled eggs with bacon.
Deviled Egg Toppings
This easy deviled eggs recipe can be made with a variety of toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Chopped olives
- Roasted red pepers
- Sliced green onion
- Jalapeno slices
- Diced radishes
- Smoked salmon
- Diced ham
- Sliced prosciutto
Deviled Egg Substitutions
If you need to make some changes to this deviled eggs keto recipe, here are a few alternatives you can try:
- Mustard – Feel free to use regular yellow mustard instead of the Dijon if you like, or even a flavored mustard.
- Mayo – If you want to skip the mayo, try mashed avocado instead!
- Apple cider vinegar – Distilled vinegar can also be used.
- Toppings – Any toppings are optional, so add them as desired, including any of the toppings mentioned above.
Deviled Eggs Nutrition
One of the best things about this deviled egg recipe is it’s equally suitable for a crowd and for people following special diets.
If you’re looking for keto deviled eggs, low carb deviled eggs, paleo deviled eggs, or even whole30 deviled eggs, these fit all of those requirements. Yay!
How Many Calories In A Deviled Egg?
These delicious deviled eggs with bacon have just 85 calories each.
How Many Carbs In Deviled Eggs?
There are 0.4 grams of carbs in each deviled egg with bacon.
Are Deviled Eggs Keto Friendly?
Yes, this easy deviled eggs recipe is keto friendly!
Are Deviled Eggs Gluten Free?
Yes, deviled eggs with bacon bits are naturally gluten-free!
Are Deviled Eggs Healthy?
Yes, deviled eggs are healthy! They are made with simple ingredients, are very low in carbs, and offer a great source of protein.
Can You Make Deviled Eggs Ahead Of Time?
Yes, these deviled eggs with bacon can be made ahead of time. You can hard-boil the eggs and make the filling a few days in advance. Fill the egg whites the day of serving.
Do You Serve Deviled Eggs Cold?
Yes, deviled eggs are best served cold.
How Long Are Deviled Eggs Good For?
Store this easy deviled egg recipe in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Can You Freeze Deviled Eggs?
I do not recommend freezing this keto deviled eggs recipe, they are best fresh.
What Goes With Deviled Eggs For Lunch?
Deviled eggs are one of my favorite lunch staples. Not gonna lie, I’ve had them on their own, but here are some ideas to make a more full meal for lunch:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps – Can you guess what single low carb ingredient the wraps are made of?
- Keto Caesar Salad – This has chicken and parmesan crisps for crunch!
- Keto Broccoli Salad – This stores well and so do deviled eggs, so they are a great pairing to meal prep for lunch.
- Cucumber Subs – These use cucumbers instead of bread for a low carb cold sub sandwich. Deviled eggs with bacon make a nice addition to this.
Tools To Make Keto Deviled Eggs
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Large Saucepan – With high sides to properly cover the eggs with water, this saucepan is perfect for hard boiled eggs.
- Paring Knife – A small sharp knife is ideal for halving slippery eggs.
- Mixing Bowls – With a nice wide base, these bowls won’t wobble around while you are mashing the yolk mixture for these keto deviled eggs.
- Piping Tip Set – This set comes with bags and tips, so you can make fancy looking deviled eggs if you like.
Easy Keto Deviled Eggs Recipe With Bacon
Easy Keto Deviled Eggs Recipe With Bacon
The BEST deviled eggs recipe with bacon and creamy filling! These super simple, easy keto deviled eggs use common ingredients and take just 20 minutes.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Boil eggs according to the instructions here. Place in ice water for 10 minutes to cool, then peel.
Slice the eggs in half the long way. Remove the yolks and place them into a large bowl. Mash with a fork.
Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and sea salt to the eggs. Mix well.
Pipe the egg yolk mixture back into the egg white halves. Top with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, crumbled bacon, and fresh chives.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 deviled egg
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂