FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Are Cream Cheese Pancakes?
- The Secret to the Best Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
- How To Make Cream Cheese Pancakes with Mascarpone
- How To Store Cream Cheese Crepes or Pancakes
- Tools To Make Low Carb Keto Pancakes
- Get Keto Maple Syrup For Your Cream Cheese Pancakes!
- The Best Low Carb Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes or Crepes Recipe
Have you tried keto cream cheese pancakes before? In addition to being super simple to make, they are something many people enjoy. And cream cheese crepes? Just as easy, and very delicious!
These low carb cream cheese pancakes are really cream cheese crepes, and they are gluten-free, sugar-free, and flourless. They make a great foundation for a yummy breakfast, fantastic holiday brunch, or even wrap for your lunch.
You won’t believe the versatility of this cream cheese pancake recipe!
These keto cream cheese pancakes first came to be on Father’s Day. My husband isn’t much of a breakfast food person (how is that even possible, right?!), but flourless crepes are one thing he’ll never turn down.
Making these cream cheese and egg pancakes for my husband put a huge smile on my face. Many of my favorite memories involve family surrounding a table of delicious food, and holidays are just a reminder of how grateful I am for the people in my life. Making food for the people I love is so much more satisfying than doing it for myself.
What Are Cream Cheese Pancakes?
Keto cream cheese pancakes are the low carb solution to a hot breakfast. But most cream cheese pancake recipes can leave you still craving satisfaction because they don’t give you that fluffy, airy, melt-in-your-mouth experience.
Cream cheese and egg pancakes come out a little tangy, somewhat flat, and are not the fluffy flapjacks the most people imagine.
They come out more like crepes. And since low carb crepes are awesome, this is totally okay as long as you you’re in the mood for crepes (which you are, if you’re reading this… and this recipe won’t disappoint!).
However, if you are in the mood for some fluffy low carb cream cheese pancakes, check out coconut flour pancakes with cream cheese. You can also make multi-flour keto low carb pancakes recipe and almond flour pancakes . Either way, don’t forget the sugar free maple syrup!
The Secret to the Best Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
What makes these cream cheese and egg pancakes better than all the other keto cream cheese pancakes out there? They started out as a regular cream cheese pancake recipe, but I quickly discovered they are even better made with a secret ingredient.
While most low carb cream cheese pancakes are made with (are you ready for it?) cream cheese, this particular cream cheese pancake recipe steps it up a notch.
The secret ingredient in making buttery, flavorful cream cheese crepes is mascarpone. Every time I make them, I can’t get over how rich and decadent they taste.
What is mascarpone? It’s an Italian spreadable cheese, very similar to cream cheese, but the flavor is more buttery. You can find it at the grocery store, either near the cream cheese or in the specialty cheeses area. I have other mascarpone recipes here.
You can use regular cream cheese (as long as it’s sugar free) to make these keto cream cheese pancakes if you prefer, but mascarpone will add a depth of flavor that is surprisingly delightful. It makes them so silky and butter, and truly sets this cream cheese pancake recipe apart.
How To Make Cream Cheese Pancakes with Mascarpone
The two main ingredients for low carb cream cheese pancakes are eggs and cream cheese. More specifically, in this recipe that’s mascarpone cheese.
You’ll add sweetener (I use erythritol here, but you can check out the low carb sweetener guide and use whichever you prefer), a pinch of salt, and customize the recipe by choosing the spices and extracts that best suit your filling (cinnamon and vanilla are my faves!).
Put the ingredients for these cream cheese and egg pancakes in the blender, and 20 seconds later, your batter is ready to cook. How simple!
You can even make these keto cream cheese pancakes savory by leaving out a flavor extract and having plain cream cheese crepes or sprinkling in garlic or Italian spices. They make delicious savory flourless crepes or wraps.
Tips for Making Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes
This cream cheese pancake recipe is a breeze to whip up, but here are a few extra tips to make sure your cream cheese crepes come out just right.
- Use the right size pan. Using too large of a pan actually makes the process harder. An 8″ pan is perfect for this recipe! That’s the diameter of the whole pan, so the bottom is actually smaller.
- Make sure the pan is hot (but not too hot). Heat the pan slowly. If you turn the heat way up to get started more quickly, you’ll end up with a pan that is too hot and it will ruin your cream cheese crepes. Medium low is usually just right, but certainly not more than medium. Let the temperature heat the entire pan, because a cold pan is a sticky pan and you don’t want your cream cheese and egg pancake batter to stick. And if it’s too hot, they’ll end up crispy instead of soft (which you want, so you can fold them around your amazing ingredients!).
- Swirl the batter in the pan properly. Yes, there is actually a right way to do this (and I had been doing it incorrectly for years, so let me save you from that right from the start!). Don’t drop your batter in and tilt in one direction, waiting for the batter to move across the pan. I know it’s logical, but it’s wrong. Instead, go a little crazy and quickly tilt the pan in all directions as you add your batter. Do this 2 or 3 times and the circle of crepe batter will get larger as you do.
- Flip when the batter is dry around the edges. When the batter is dry around the edge, it’s probably time to flip them. This should take just over a minute. Slide your spatula underneath and if it feels like your low carb cream cheese pancake won’t break, then go ahead and flip. If your temperature is right, you’ll be able to keep going and get great results. That first “test crepe” will help you know if you need to adjust your temperature. Remember, it should come out soft and pliable, not firm and crispy. (Note: the second side will cook faster, so don’t burn it!)
How To Store Cream Cheese Crepes or Pancakes
These are a great meal to make in advance. You can whip up this cream cheese pancake recipe ahead of time and just heat and fill for your special meal or when company arrives.
Just store them in your refrigerator, stacked on top of each other. Unlike my other gluten-free keto crepes recipe with almond flour, there’s no need to line with parchment paper between them.
Then, when it’s time to enjoy your keto cream cheese pancakes, just pull them out.
Want to keep them in the freezer? You can! For this, it’s best to line parchment paper between the flourless crepes, so that they don’t freeze stuck together. You can reheat them in the microwave or oven in a single layer.
Now the only question is, do you like your cream cheese crepes sweet or savory? The recipe card below gives you both options.
My husband asks for these keto cream cheese pancakes by name. Well, sort of. He actually just calls them “crêpes”, but that’s because he doesn’t care what I put in them – as long as they taste the way they do. Ha.
Since these are his favorite, it only seemed fitting to make them for him on Father’s Day. Go ahead and whip up these low carb cream cheese pancakes for Dad for brunch today – or any day.
Tools To Make Low Carb Keto Pancakes
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – This blender is professional-grade is makes blending anything a breeze. Especially this pancake recipe.
- Non-Stick Pan – This non-stick pan set includes the perfect size to make these keto crepes.
Keto Low Carb Crepes Recipe with Mascarpone:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Get Keto Maple Syrup For Your Cream Cheese Pancakes!
Meet Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup: this natural sugar-free syrup tastes, bakes and pours just like maple syrup does - with NO aftertaste and only 2g net carbs!GET IT HERE
The Best Low Carb Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes or Crepes Recipe
These low carb keto cream cheese pancakes have a secret ingredient that makes them the best! This cream cheese pancake recipe has a delicious buttery flavor and makes the perfect flourless crepes for sweet or savory filling. Super easy with 5 minutes prep time!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor, or in a bowl using a hand mixer, until smooth.
Heat a greased pan over medium heat on the stove. Swirl 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the batter on the pan to make a thin crêpe. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form at the edges, then flip. Cook about 1 minute on the other side, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 crepe
Video Showing How To Make Cream Cheese Pancakes:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Cream Cheese Pancakes!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂