Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
You’ll love these sweet and crunchy keto candied pecans! These sugar free candied pecans have a cinnamon Besti Brown glaze and are a sweet snack all on their own or chopped up and put over salads or keto ice cream.
Make these keto glazed pecans for a tasty holiday gift… you certainly don’t have to be low carb to enjoy these keto candied nuts! This treat is packed with protein, monounsaturated fat, and iron. Without the sugar, you can feel really good about eating them!
Nuts on keto are a great way to enjoy some healthy fats, protein, and fiber, while being low in carbs and there is no shortage of nut recipes on Wholesome Yum. Try out my keto white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, keto chocolate fat bombs, keto trail mix, or keto granola bars next.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Glazed Pecans Recipe
- Sweet and cozy flavor
- Crunchy and crisp texture
- Easy to make in the slow cooker
- Only 5 minutes to prep
- Just 1.3 grams net carbs per serving
- Great for gifting and holidays!
Sugar Free Candied Pecans Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for keto friendly glazed pecans, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Pecans – Use whole pecans. Because we’re cooking them, you can buy raw or roasted but be sure to buy unsalted.
- Egg white – Either from fresh eggs or from a carton.
- Vanilla extract
- Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – Unlike other brands that either have an aftertaste, are dry, or lack brown sugar flavor, this monk fruit sweetener has all the flavor and moisture of regular brown sugar, without the carbs and sugar.
How To Make Keto Candied Pecans
This section shows how to make low carb candied nuts with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep slow cooker. Grease the slow cooker with butter and place pecans into the bottom of slow cooker.
- Coat pecans. In a small bowl, whisk together egg whites and vanilla until foamy. Pour the mixture over nuts and toss to coat.
- Season pecans. In a medium bowl, combine Besti Brown and cinnamon. Pour over pecans and stir to coat.
- Slow cook. Cook on low, stirring every 20 minutes. In the last 20 minutes, stir in water.
- Cool. Arrange nuts in a single layer on parchment paper to cool.
TIP: To make extra crispy keto cinnamon glazed pecans, roast on a baking sheet in a 400 degree F oven for 4-7 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I eat pecans on keto?
Wondering if pecans are keto? Yes, pecans are one of the most keto friendly nuts out there. Per serving (1 ounce), pecans have just 3.9 grams total carbs. You can find my full breakdown on keto nuts here.
Are candied pecans keto?
Regular candied pecans are not keto friendly, as they are made with sugar. These keto sweet pecans are low carb and keto, though, thanks to Besti Brown sweetener.
How many calories in sugar free candied pecans?
The full nutrition stats can be found below the recipe card, but each serving (1/4 cup) has 175 calories.
Can I use a different sweetener?
These low carb candied pecans are best made with Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, my brown sugar substitute. You can use other alternatives to sugar, but the flavor won’t be the same. It has a very similar taste and consistency, but it’s sugar-free, gluten-free, and low carb. It’s also a natural product, which is important to me when choosing a sugar replacement. I’m happy to report that it worked out perfectly in this sugar-free candied pecans recipe.
- Pumpkin Spice – Add a tablespoon of pumpkin spice mix.
- Spicy – Add cayenne pepper or chili powder to taste.
- Bacon – Add some crumbled cooked bacon.
- Vanilla – Omit the cinnamon and double the vanilla extract, or add some vanilla bean seeds.
- Coffee – Add a tablespoon of espresso powder.
- Orange – Add a tablespoon of orange zest and swap the vanilla with orange extract.
- Other Candied Nuts – Swap the pecans for your favorite keto nuts, such as almonds or walnuts.
- Store: Store the nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, or in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Freeze: Freeze the keto glazed pecans in the freezer for 2-3 months.
More Keto Brown Sugar Recipes
If you love this keto glazed pecans recipe, you might also like these other recipes made with keto brown sugar:
Tools To Make Keto Candied Nuts
- Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – The key to the classic brown sugar flavor in your keto candied pecans!
- Slow Cooker – If you don’t already have a slow cooker that you love, you should try this one. I use this one all the time and it would be perfect for these sugar-free candied pecans.
- Glass Jars – Divide the keto candied nuts recipe into these jars and tie with ribbon for gifting.
Keto Candied Pecans Recipe
Keto Candied Pecans Recipe
Learn how to make keto candied pecans in a slow cooker! This sugar-free candied pecans recipe makes the best keto candied nuts, with just 5 ingredients.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Grease a 4 quart (4 L) slow cooker and place the pecans inside.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and vanilla extract until it's foamy. Pour the mixture over the nuts and stir to coat all the nuts.
In a medium bowl, combine Besti Brown and cinnamon. Evenly pour the mixture over the pecans and stir to coat all the nuts again.
Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring at 20 minute intervals. In the last 20 minutes, stir in the water.
When done cooking, arrange the nuts in a single layer on parchment paper to cool. If there are any clusters stuck together, you can break them apart after cooling. Store in an airtight container.
Optional step: To make the nuts extra crispy, plus add a toasted aroma and taste, place them in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for 4-7 minutes.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂