FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This colorful rainbow salad recipe with pomegranate vinaigrette dressing is not only a beautiful salad, but it’s also a great way to incorporate a variety of fruits and veggies all in one bowl! And did I mention it’s only 10 ingredients – pomegranate vinaigrette included?
Whenever I over-hear people saying that healthy food is boring, or too complicated, or too time-consuming, I want to show them a picture of this salad! And tell them how delicious it is! And then go on and on about how easy and simple it is to make. Because there is absolutely nothing boring or complicated in this colorful salad. It’s bright, beautiful, nutritious, and mighty delicious. The rainbow of colors along with the accompanying flavors are sure to brighten up any cloudy day – or any meal that needs a little something. 🙂
It’s got all of the flavors and textures you need in a dish: sweet and salty; creamy and crunchy; rich and acidic. When you need an exciting salad (and who doesn’t?!), this is a great one to serve with just about anything. Be sure to let me know what you think with a rating below, or if you swap out any of the ingredients for another fruit or vegetable. Can’t wait to hear what you think about it. My guess is that you’ll love it as much as we do.
What Is Rainbow Salad?
Rainbow salad is just what you might think it is! It’s a colorful salad with lots of fruits and veggies. In my rainbow veggie salad, I’ve included a wide array of hues – red, orange, yellow, light and dark greens, purple. This colorful salad is sure to make a beautiful addition to any meal.
Rainbow Salad Ingredients:
- pomegranate arils
- sweet bell peppers
- crisp spinach
- creamy avocado
How To Make Colorful Rainbow Salad
When you’re looking for veggie salad ideas, this 10-ingredient salad with pomegranate vinaigrette dressing should be your top choice. Let me show you how easy it is to make!
First we will make the pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette. It’s quick and easy.
Then we’ll prep our vegetables.
Next we toss the spinach with the dressing. This ensures that each bite of salad has a nice coating of dressing on it.
When the spinach is dressed, it’s time to top this colorful rainbow salad with the peppers, cabbage, pomegranate arils, avocado, and toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch. You can drizzle with extra salad dressing if desired.
How To Make Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
This pomegranate salad dressing has just the right amount of natural sweetness, but is still quite low in sugar and carbs. All you need to do is combine all of the ingredients in a jar or bottle, and shake until emulsified.
The dressing doesn’t require any chopping or cutting, so it can be made in about two minutes! I prefer to make my own dressings because I think they taste much better than store-bought versions but also because the ingredients are so much healthier.
Can You Make Rainbow Salad Ahead?
You can definitely make parts of the rainbow salad ahead but you wouldn’t want to dress the greens or put anything together until right before serving.
If you’d like to make some of the components ahead of time, I would recommend:
- Mixing up the dressing. This can be stored in the fridge for a week or two. If the oil solidifies, simply take it out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving to let it come to room temperature. Or, run the bottle under warm water.
- Removing pomegranate arils. If you are buying a whole pomegranate, you’ll need to remove the arils. This can be done by cutting the pomegranate in half and then lightly tapping the skin of it over a bowl so that the arils fall into the bowl.
- Slicing cabbage. Cabbage can be thinly sliced and stored in the fridge for 2-4 days.
- Toasting the nuts. If you’re nuts are raw, toast them in a hot skillet, until golden brown and fragrant, about 2-5 minutes. These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
What To Serve With Colorful Rainbow Salad
This rainbow salad recipe pairs well with so many different recipes. For a complete lunch or dinner pair with a protein, or one of these recipes below:
- Healthy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- The Best Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Baked Lemon Herb Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- Paleo Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
Tools To Make Colorful Rainbow Salad Recipe + Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Salad Dressing Shaker – I use this for all of my salad recipes as the dressing shaker is super convenient, easy to store, and requires less cleanup. You can place it on the table for a family meal, so each person can decide how much dressing they want, and use the same container for storing any leftovers.
- Glass Bowl Set – These nesting bowls can be used for both prepping and serving raw vegetable salads like this one.
- Wooden Salad Tongs – Your colorful salad recipe needs tongs that are just as beautiful!
Colorful Rainbow Salad Recipe + Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing:
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Colorful Rainbow Salad Recipe + Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
This HEALTHY colorful rainbow salad recipe with pomegranate vinaigrette dressing is so EASY and just 10 ingredients!
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette dressing
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a jar or airtight container. Shake vigorously until emulsified.
- Toss the dressing with spinach until evenly distributed. Add remaining ingredients and toss again to combine.
Made this? Leave a rating!
I like to use half of a yellow bell pepper and half of an orange one for more color.
Serving size: 1/6 of entire recipe
Video Showing How To Make Rainbow Salad:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Rainbow Salad!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂