FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This easy spring mix salad recipe comes together quickly and is bursting with juicy blueberries, crunchy walnuts, and creamy goat cheese. It has all of the flavor and texture components that take a bag of spring mix salad from blah to delicious!
This healthy spring mix salad was originally published on March 8, 2017 and the post was republished in May 2021 to add updated pictures and useful tips. Here is one of the original photos, if you’re curious:
The blueberry vinaigrette that comes with this salad doesn’t require a sweetener, but if you want a sweet dressing, you’ll probably want to add one.
My go-to for dressings is Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, which is a natural sweetener that tastes and acts just like real sugar, without the actual sugar. (If you’re not sugar-free, regular sugar or even maple syrup works just fine as well.)
Spring Mix Salad Ingredients
The ingredients in this salad recipe using spring mix are pretty basic:
Ingredients for spring mix salad:
- Spring mix salad greens – The one I buy has six different kinds of baby lettuce, red and green chard, mizuna, arugula, frisee, and radicchio. Many of these greens are actually available at any time of year. Still, there’s something about the spring mix that just feels like spring! If you really want to include some truly seasonal greens in your salad, feel free to throw in some watercress or collard greens, too.
- Blueberries – Feel free to change it up with other berries too. Raspberries or strawberries would also work great! Make sure you keep track of the carb counts in your fruit.
- Walnuts – You can buy raw or roasted, but I recommend roasting them if you buy raw.
- Goat cheese – You can buy a log and crumble yourself, or buy crumbled goat cheese.
Ingredients for blueberry vinaigrette:
- Olive oil – Use a light or extra light olive oil for dressing.
- Apple cider vinegar – This combines with the olive oil to create an emulsified dressing.
- Sweetener – As mentioned above, this is optional, and even regular sugar or maple syrup works if that fits into your diet, but I always use Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend.
- Sea salt & pepper – Season your salad dressing to taste.
If you want a dressing that is more savory than sweet, hazelnut oil is delicious.
How To Make Spring Mix Salad
- Blend dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Look at that pretty dressing color!
- Assemble. Place the spring mix, blueberries, walnuts, and goat cheese into a large bowl and toss with dressing.
Spring Mix Salad FAQs
What is in spring mix salad?
Spring mix salads will vary a bit, depending on where you buy them.
I like to use a Trader Joe’s greens blend for this spring mix salad recipe. It has six different kinds of baby lettuce, red and green chard, mizuna, arugula, frisee, and radicchio.
Is spring mix salad healthy?
Yes! It’s a salad mix that’s made up of a variety of greens. It’s always a good idea to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, and greens – salad included!
What kind of dressing works with spring mix salad?
One thing to keep in mind with any spring mix salad recipe is that the greens are generally pretty fragile. To avoid overpowering them, a light vinaigrette dressing works best. I opted for a blueberry vinaigrette for this one. With blueberries in both the dressing and the salad itself, it’s light and sweet and fruity!
Can you use a different sweetener?
Yes, you can. I already mentioned that I prefer Besti, but feel free to swap in any sweetener you like, to taste.
You can make the dressing a day or two ahead, but don’t assemble and dress the salad until right before serving. Baby spring mix salad greens are quite fragile, so they will get soggy if they are dressed too soon.
Store the salad dressing in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. You can also assemble the salad into a salad bowl a few hours in advance and store in the refrigerator.
Dress the salad right before serving.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
If you like spring mix salad recipe ideas like this one, you might also like some of these other healthy ones:
- Kale Crunch Salad – This 10 minute salad is made with green kale, a homemade vinaigrette, and crunchy toppings with sweet and savory flavors. It’s always a hit.
- Greek Salad – Just 5 ingredients and an easy dressing for this Greek salad that’s full of crunchy vegetables. It’s a great side for chicken, fish, beef, or lamb.
- Italian Antipasto Salad – All of the flavors of a traditional antipasto salad in salad form. Ready in 10 minutes.
- Costco Copycat Sweet Kale Salad – it’s a remake of one of my favorite store-bought salad mixes. You can easily swap the honey with a sugar-free sweetener if you want to.
- Marinated Artichoke Salad – This easy salad features peppery arugula that’s tossed with marinated artichokes, tomatoes, onion, and an easy dressing.
Tools To Make Blueberry Goat Cheese Salad
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- High Powered Blender – This blender makes a smooth and delicious dressing in minutes.
- Produce Container – Store the greens in this container to preserve your salad for longer.
Spring Mix Salad Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Spring Mix Salad Recipe (5 Minutes!)
A vibrant, EASY spring mix salad recipe with blueberries, goat cheese, walnuts, and blueberry vinaigrette dressing. Ready in 5 minutes!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
To make the dressing, puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth. (*See note about sweetness.)
Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Video Showing How To Make Spring Mix Salad:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Spring Mix Salad!
Besti, which is my favorite sugar-free sweetener, is listed as an optional ingredient, but is not required. I like to use about a teaspoon of the powdered kind, for light sweetness and smooth texture. Otherwise, the blueberry vinaigrette is only slightly sweet from the blueberries. If you prefer a sweeter dressing, feel free to add a bit of your favorite sweetener to taste.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂