FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Low Carb Pizza Crust
- How To Make Low Carb Pizza Crust Crispy
- How To Make Paleo Pizza Crust More Chewy
- Is Gluten Free Pizza Crust Low Carb?
- How Many Carbs In Almond Flour Pizza Crust?
- Can You Make Paleo Pizza Crust Ahead?
- How To Freeze Healthy Pizza Crust
- What To Serve With Paleo Pizza
- Tools To Make Healthy Pizza Crust
- Low Carb Pizza Crust - Paleo Pizza Crust - 4 Ingredients
Everyone needs a healthy pizza crust recipe in their arsenal. No matter what diet you may be on, pizza is a must, am I right? And this low carb paleo pizza crust recipe is here to deliver.
When I first started eliminating grains from my diet, I spent years avoiding pizza altogether. As I started to get creative with my recipes, I realized that it doesn’t have to be this way! You actually can have low carb pizza without the carbs, wheat, or that over-stuffed feeling that no one likes.
The frozen pizza I remember from my college days is a far cry from the homemade low carb pizza crust that I make now. My almond flour pizza crust is gluten-free, naturally low in carbs, and believe it or not, it’s actually good for you. It’s also packed with protein from eggs and healthy fat from coconut oil and almonds, as well as vitamins and minerals.
Fathead pizza and cauliflower pizza crust are still some of my favorite keto low carb crust recipes, but for those that want to reduce dairy or a more paleo friendly option, this is the best of both worlds.
How To Make Low Carb Pizza Crust
What I love about this crispy low carb pizza crust recipe is it’s incredibly fast and simple.The most difficult part about this recipe? Trying to decide what to top your keto almond flour pizza crust with!
Whisk together the four simple ingredients, roll out the dough thinly, and stick it in the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes. The prep only takes a few minutes, and you can go do something else while you’re waiting for it to bake in the oven.
Who knew an almond flour pizza crust could be so easy?
Finally, top your paleo pizza crust with marinara sauce and your favorite toppings, then it goes back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Talk about an easy weeknight dinner.
Here’s how to make low carb pizza crust:
- Mix up the almond flour pizza dough. Mix together almond flour, coconut oil, eggs, and sea salt until a dough forms. (You can use a food processor or just mix well!)
TIP: If you are sensitive to the taste of coconut and not strictly dairy-free, you can use ghee or butter in place of coconut oil.
- Roll out the almond pizza crust. I like to use two layers of parchment paper to ensure there is no sticking. Poke the crust with a fork a few times before baking.
- Bake the low carb almond flour pizza crust. The crust should be golden brown. It will take about 15-20 minutes.
TIP: Be sure to bake the crust on parchment paper, otherwise it will stick.
- Top the pizza. Add desired toppings and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
TIP #1: I used cheese since I am not strictly paleo, but if you prefer a completely paleo pizza, skip the cheese and use only other toppings.
TIP #2: Once the crust is pre-baked, you can bake it with toppings directly on a pizza stone if you have one.
- Slice up your low carb pizza recipe. (I think it’s the best paleo pizza crust out there!)
How To Make Low Carb Pizza Crust Crispy
I like to make my low carb pizza crust about a quarter-inch thick, which gets it pretty crispy. You can make it any thickness you like.
TIP: Keep in mind that you’ll detect more of the almond flour nutty flavor if you make it thicker.
Just adjust the oven time up for a thicker crust or down for a thinner one (for extra crispy).
TIP: Watch this paleo pizza crust closely, because once it starts to burn, it progresses quickly.
If you don’t have a rolling pin, pressing this almond flour pizza crust down with your fingers will work too. Just make sure to get it to a uniform thickness. If you find the almond flour dough too sticky for rolling or pressing, you can refrigerate it for a while which will help remedy this problem.
How To Make Paleo Pizza Crust More Chewy
I love the simplicity of this paleo pizza recipe, but if you prefer a bit more chew, try adding:
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum – This wouldn’t be strict paleo, but is the easiest addition.
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder – You’d need to mix it with a bit of water first and then use a hand mixer or food processor to incorporate into the dough.
- Tapioca flour – If you want a paleo pizza but don’t need it to me low carb, check out this paleo pizza crust recipe. It uses a blend of almond and tapioca flours.
Is Gluten Free Pizza Crust Low Carb?
Gluten free pizza crust is NOT usually low carb. Many gluten-free pizza crusts are made with rice flour or other gluten-free grains, and are just as high in carbs.
This paleo pizza crust recipe is both gluten free AND low carb – perfect for everyone to enjoy.
How Many Carbs In Almond Flour Pizza Crust?
Each slice of this easy almond flour pizza crust has just 3 grams net carbs!
Can You Make Paleo Pizza Crust Ahead?
Yes, you can make this paleo pizza crust ahead of time. Simply make and bake the low carb pizza dough recipe as directed. Let it cool and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
Store your grain free pizza crust in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or the freezer for months.
How To Freeze Healthy Pizza Crust
Once the easy low carb pizza crust is pre-baked, let it cool and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Store in the freezer.
When you’re ready to serve it, simply add toppings and bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
This healthy pizza crust recipe was originally published in 2016, but I’ve updated the post in 2019 with fresh photos and more tips. Here’s an old picture of the paleo pizza crust. New pictures, but same delicious recipe! 🙂
What To Serve With Paleo Pizza
In our house, we like serving our healthy pizza crust with a variety of toppings (plenty of sauce, fresh veggies, and maybe some pepperoni!) with some veggie-packed salads. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – One of the quickest and easiest salads ever!
- Italian Marinated Artichoke Salad – This easy salad takes just 10 minutes to throw together.
- Easy Cold Roast Vegetable Salad – If you prefer your veggies cooked, this is the salad for you.
- Zucchini Noodle Salad – This crunchy salad is made with zucchini noodles for a delicious spiralized salad.
- Easy Tossed Big Italian Salad – This green salad tastes like a sub sandwich, and is perfect with this paleo pizza crust recipe.
Oh, and don’t forget low carb garlic breadsticks from The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook!
Tools To Make Healthy Pizza Crust
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Rolling pin – A rolling pin is a must to get this almond flour pizza crust recipe thin and crispy.
- Pizza pan – If you’re not using a pizza stone, get a basic pan like this one to cook your almond flour pizza crust keto recipe.
- Pizza stone and pizza peel – If you can get a pizza stone, do it! It will make the almond flour pizza crust recipe extra crispy. The pizza peel is to move the pizza on and off the stone.
Paleo Low Carb Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Low Carb Pizza Crust - Paleo Pizza Crust - 4 Ingredients
This low carb pizza crust is thin & crispy! With just 4 ingredients, this easy paleo pizza crust recipe is a perfect base for your favorite toppings. Quick & easy to make!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together until a dough forms (you can use a food processor or just mix well manually).
Compact the dough into a ball. Place between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to 1/4 in (.6 cm) thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Transfer the crust on the parchment paper to a pizza pan. Poke a few times with a toothpick to prevent bubbling.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
- To finish making pizza with this crust, top with desired toppings, then return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and edges are crispy.
- Use butter or ghee instead of coconut oil if you are sensitive to the flavor of coconut oil. Refined coconut oil is another option that should be flavorless.
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/8 of entire recipe
Video Showing How To Make Paleo Pizza Crust:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Paleo Pizza Crust!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂