This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you love tacos, you’ll love everything about this 7 layer taco dip recipe! My layered taco dip with meat has SO many layers of goodness just begging to be scooped up. We’ve got taco meat. We’ve got a creamy taco sour cream and cream cheese layer. And then we’ve got ALL the toppings. The hardest part of this keto taco dip? Deciding what to dip into it!
This 7 layer taco dip recipe may look impressive, but it’s surprisingly easy to make. And my family claims it’s the best taco dip recipe…;)
I love to make it for parties, because this easy taco dip recipe can also easily be made ahead of time, and it’s always a big hit!
Ingredients In Taco Dip With Meat
This layered taco dip with meat has so many flavors, and just 10 ingredients! Here’s what goes into my homemade taco dip recipe:
- Ground Beef – This is the base layer and it adds protein, fat, and plenty of flavor.
- Taco Seasoning – Obviously this taco seasoning is a must in any 7 layer taco salad dip. I like to make my own homemade taco seasoning, but you can also buy it from the store.
- Sour Cream – Adds creamy and light tang to the dip.
- Cream Cheese – I love using a blend of sour cream and cream cheese in this keto taco dip recipe. It’s both light and thick at the same time.
- Iceberg Lettuce – Cool, fresh, and crunchy.
- Cheddar Cheese – Medium or sharp, it’s up to you!
- Bell Pepper – Adds a sweet crunch to this layered taco dip recipe.
- Roma Tomato – Can’t have tacos without diced tomatoes!
- Red Onion – I love the flavor of red, but you could also use a white or green onion if you prefer.
- Black Olives – Slice them up and sprinkle on top!
- Cilantro – Optional, but a great addition if you are a fan of cilantro.
How To Make 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Cook the ground beef. This is the meat layer of the keto Mexican dip, and we’re browning it in a pan and then seasoning it with taco seasoning and water. Stir fry until excess water evaporates.
- Beat the cream cheese and sour cream layer. Using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream together. Beat in the taco seasoning and add more seasoning to taste.
TIP: Be sure your cream cheese is soft, at room temperature. Otherwise, you’ll end up with sour cream with chunks of cream cheese in it.
- Assemble the 7 layer taco dip with ground beef. Spread the beef in a single layer. Drop dollops of the sour cream mixture over the beef and gently spread with a spatula.
- Top taco dip with meat with toppings. Sprinkle with lettuce, shredded cheese, bell peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and black olives, in that order.
Do You Bake 7 Layer Taco Dip?
No, most layered taco dip recipes are not baked.
I’m sure there are some versions out there that include a baking step, but in this classic version, the cold toppings are key, so we don’t bake it!
If you want a hot taco dip, you might like my keto taco casserole instead.
Is Taco Dip Keto Friendly?
It all depends what goes into your cold taco dip. Some taco dip recipes aren’t keto friendly if they include corn, beans, or corn chips for dipping.
But this amazing taco dip is most definitely keto friendly! Each 1/2 cup serving has just 3 grams carbs.
Can You Make Layered Taco Dip Ahead?
Yes, you can definitely make this keto cream cheese taco dip ahead of time. And it’s a great idea to do so, so that the flavors have time to come together.
Make the taco meat, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream layer and assemble. Ideally, you’d wait to add the veggie toppings until you are ready to serve it.
What To Serve With Keto Taco Dip
There are so many ways to eat Mexican taco dip with cream cheese. I personally love to add some more veggies in when I can , so I love to scoop up this delicious dip with bell pepper strips. But really, there’s no wrong way to eat seven layer taco dip. Here are some ideas:
- Bell Pepper Strips – This might just be my favorite scooper. Use any color you like, or a variety.
- Celery Sticks – A great low carb veggie without a ton of flavor so that it won’t compete with keto layered taco dip.
- Cheddar Cheese Crisps – These crunchy chip-like crisps are perfect for scooping – and made entirely from cheese.
- Keto Fathead Crackers – Crackers might be slightly unconventional when it comes to taco dip with cream cheese, but hey, it works!
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips – Bet you didn’t even know keto tortilla chips existed! These are made with pantry staples.
Tools To Make Seven Layer Taco Dip
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Casserole Dish – I suggest using a clear dish for this layered taco dip recipe so that you can see each and every layer.
- Hand Mixer – Guess what? I love my hand mixer! Not only does it make mixing the cream cheese sour cream taco dip layer easy, but it takes up no storage in my kitchen. Major win.
Keto 7 Layer Taco Dip Recipe With Meat
Keto 7 Layer Taco Dip Recipe With Meat
This easy 7 layer taco dip recipe is always a hit at parties! See how to make layered taco dip with meat in just 25 minutes. It's keto taco dip served with bell pepper scoops, or serve for everyone else with tortilla chips.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Cream cheese & sour cream layer:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef, breaking apart with a spatula, for about 8-10 minutes, until browned.
Add the water and taco seasoning. Stir fry for 2-5 minutes, until the extra water evaporates and taco meat forms. Set aside.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the sour cream and cream cheese. Beat in the taco seasoning. (You can add more seasoning to taste if you like.)
Spread the beef in a single layer in an 8x8 square glass casserole dish.
Drop dollops of the sour cream mixture over the beef and gently spread with a spatula.
Top with lettuce, shredded cheese, bell peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and black olives, in that order.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂