This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you love tacos, you’ll love everything about this 7 layer taco dip recipe! My layered taco dip with meat has SO many layers of goodness just begging to be scooped up. We’ve got taco meat. We’ve got a creamy taco sour cream and cream cheese layer. And then we’ve got ALL the toppings. The hardest part of this keto taco dip? Deciding what to dip into it!
This 7 layer taco dip recipe may look impressive, but it’s surprisingly easy to make. And my family claims it’s the best taco dip recipe…;)
I love to make it for parties, because this easy taco dip recipe can also easily be made ahead of time, and it’s always a big hit!
Ingredients In Taco Dip With Meat
This layered taco dip with meat has so many flavors, and just 10 ingredients! Here’s what goes into my homemade taco dip recipe:
- Ground Beef – This is the base layer and it adds protein, fat, and plenty of flavor.
- Taco Seasoning – Obviously this taco seasoning is a must in any 7 layer taco salad dip. I like to make my own homemade taco seasoning, but you can also buy it from the store.
- Sour Cream – Adds creamy and light tang to the dip.
- Cream Cheese – I love using a blend of sour cream and cream cheese in this keto taco dip recipe. It’s both light and thick at the same time.
- Iceberg Lettuce – Cool, fresh, and crunchy.
- Cheddar Cheese – Medium or sharp, it’s up to you!
- Bell Pepper – Adds a sweet crunch to this layered taco dip recipe.
- Roma Tomato – Can’t have tacos without diced tomatoes!
- Red Onion – I love the flavor of red, but you could also use a white or green onion if you prefer.
- Black Olives – Slice them up and sprinkle on top!
- Cilantro – Optional, but a great addition if you are a fan of cilantro.
How To Make 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Cook the ground beef. This is the meat layer of the keto Mexican dip, and we’re browning it in a pan and then seasoning it with taco seasoning and water. Stir fry until excess water evaporates.
- Beat the cream cheese and sour cream layer. Using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream together. Beat in the taco seasoning and add more seasoning to taste.
TIP: Be sure your cream cheese is soft, at room temperature. Otherwise, you’ll end up with sour cream with chunks of cream cheese in it.
- Assemble the 7 layer taco dip with ground beef. Spread the beef in a single layer. Drop dollops of the sour cream mixture over the beef and gently spread with a spatula.
- Top taco dip with meat with toppings. Sprinkle with lettuce, shredded cheese, bell peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and black olives, in that order.
Do You Bake 7 Layer Taco Dip?
No, most layered taco dip recipes are not baked.
I’m sure there are some versions out there that include a baking step, but in this classic version, the cold toppings are key, so we don’t bake it!
If you want a hot taco dip, you might like my keto taco casserole instead.
Is Taco Dip Keto Friendly?
It all depends what goes into your cold taco dip. Some taco dip recipes aren’t keto friendly if they include corn, beans, or corn chips for dipping.
But this amazing taco dip is most definitely keto friendly! Each 1/2 cup serving has just 3 grams carbs.
Can You Make Layered Taco Dip Ahead?
Yes, you can definitely make this keto cream cheese taco dip ahead of time. And it’s a great idea to do so, so that the flavors have time to come together.
Make the taco meat, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream layer and assemble. Ideally, you’d wait to add the veggie toppings until you are ready to serve it.
What To Serve With Keto Taco Dip
There are so many ways to eat Mexican taco dip with cream cheese. I personally love to add some more veggies in when I can , so I love to scoop up this delicious dip with bell pepper strips. But really, there’s no wrong way to eat seven layer taco dip. Here are some ideas:
- Bell Pepper Strips – This might just be my favorite scooper. Use any color you like, or a variety.
- Celery Sticks – A great low carb veggie without a ton of flavor so that it won’t compete with keto layered taco dip.
- Cheddar Cheese Crisps – These crunchy chip-like crisps are perfect for scooping – and made entirely from cheese.
- Keto Fathead Crackers – Crackers might be slightly unconventional when it comes to taco dip with cream cheese, but hey, it works!
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips – Bet you didn’t even know keto tortilla chips existed! These are made with pantry staples.
Tools To Make Seven Layer Taco Dip
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Casserole Dish – I suggest using a clear dish for this layered taco dip recipe so that you can see each and every layer.
- Hand Mixer – Guess what? I love my hand mixer! Not only does it make mixing the cream cheese sour cream taco dip layer easy, but it takes up no storage in my kitchen. Major win.
Keto 7 Layer Taco Dip Recipe With Meat
Taco Dip Recipe With Meat (7 Layers)
Easy layered taco dip with meat in 25 minutes! Serve this 7-layer taco dip recipe with bell pepper scoops or tortilla chips.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Cream cheese & sour cream layer:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef, breaking apart with a spatula, for about 8-10 minutes, until browned.
Add the water and taco seasoning. Stir fry for 2-5 minutes, until the extra water evaporates and taco meat forms. Set aside.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the sour cream and cream cheese. Beat in the taco seasoning. (You can add more seasoning to taste if you like.)
Spread the beef in a single layer in an 8x8 square glass casserole dish.
Drop dollops of the sour cream mixture over the beef and gently spread with a spatula.
Top with lettuce, shredded cheese, bell peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and black olives, in that order.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too - I'd love to see it!
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Great recipe. I use Hilo nacho chips 3 g carbs per bag. I got these on Amazon. Very good and they come in different flavors.
Yummy. Only had Greek yogurt so used that instead of sour cream. Left out tomato and bell pepper because I didn’t have them. Everything else done the same. And it was amazing
If you double this recipe would a 13×9 pan work?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Louise, Yes, that should work.
Such a delicious appetizer and so easy to make! My family ate it all up in no time! Next time, I’m going to make my own keto tortilla chips so I can enjoy more of it! Thanks, Maya, for your wonderful recipes!
I made this for supper tonight, it was delicious. I made tortilla chips out of low carb tortillas and my husband and I both loved it, will make again.
Love this! I think I’ll have this at least every couple of weeks, so good! Thank you <3
Another winner in my book. I made this for dinner and used bell peppers as chips like pictured. SO yummy! My husband was a bit skeptical until he tasted it, and then he couldn’t stop talking about how good it was! He can be a tough critic, so if he likes something, you know it’s good.
Oh, yeah!! This is my kind of dip! It will be the perfect super bowl appetizer!!
Yum! I love this recipe! 7-Layer Taco Dip with NO BEANS! Yaaay! We loved it!
Amy L Huntley0
7 layer dip is a must at any get together! So simple to make and everyone enjoys it!
We LOVE 7 layer taco dip! This is a great recipe!!
Oh yum! I love a layered taco dip. Sometimes I add tiny shrimps too. I never thought about scooping it up with anything other than chips but I love how you have used peppers here.
This is a hit at any party I bring it too! We love it!
This was a really huge hit at my house! My kids loved it!
This dip is a total crowd pleaser! We loved it!
Great easy and quick dinner for the whole family! Really enjoyed the pepper scoops!
I absolutely love this recipe. It is so easy to make. I will defiantly be making this again.
Another excellent recipe! The taco seasoning is WAY better than any store-bought (and “cleaner”). I made 1/3 of it without the red pepper, onion, & olives (somewhat picky teenager), but all of toppings for the rest of us. I served mine over more lettuce, hubby had pork rinds with his, & the teen had tortilla chips. A winner all around! Thanks, Maya!
Your comment gave me several serving options, that is very helpful!!! Thank you!!!
A bit surprised that this has meat in it. Also wonder if the crackers that are on this site will work as a “dipper” for this recipe.
What goes well with this for dippers?
Wholesome Yum M0
Hi Sandra, Yes! I have several cracker recipes on the site that will all work great for dipping in this recipe. Other alternatives would include pork rinds, sweet bell peppers, cucumbers, and celery.
Could you add salsa as a layer?
Wholesome Yum M0
Hi Mary, Sure! It will change the final carb count, so be aware of that.
Amazing dip! Even my non keto friends loved this! Big hit at our July 4th party!
I’m a little confused. You mentioned above the recipe that you add avocados or guacamole to this dip, but then it’s not in the ingredients list. If I was to add guacamole or jus avocados, which layer would be best for it?
Maya | Wholesome Yum0
Hi Lynda, Sorry about the confusion! There are no avocados or guacamole in the recipe, but you can top with some diced avocado if you like, or you can add an additional layer with guacamole above or below the sour cream layer.
You could also use pork rinds with this dip.
I made this last week and it was perfect! Such an easy recipe to follow and it turned out exactly like the pictures. It tasted amazing, too! My family loved it and asked me to make it again!
Oh yum! I know I won’t be able to scoop this dip in one bite. So, bring all the chips out and let’s have a party!
Wow this is so good! I had never thought to add meat to taco dip before, I don’t think I’ll ever go back!
We all loved this recipe, tasty and good, definitely something that I’ll do again!
Thank you for sharing
LOVE this recipe! I am not a bean fan and every other taco dip I see throws in beans. There’s no beans in tacos. Anyway, I look forward to more of your bean-free recipes. 🙂
This is a fantastic family friendly recipe. I really like that you can switch it up for those following a keto diet and for those who are not.
We had this yesterday for our football watch party and it was gone quickly! Thank you!
My absolute FAVORITE dip. And I love that this one is keto!!
This has become one of my go-to low carb lunches!! I can make a big casserole dish of this, scoop some out in the morning and be on my way. Come lunchtime, it’s fiesta time every day!
Yummmm! All of my favorite things in one easy dip! This is a crowd-pleaser for sure…thanks for sharing 🙂
I use black soy beans, for beans in my 7 layer dip, they taste just like regular beans and only 3 grams of carbs per can.
Oh how fantastic! I am so glad I stumbled across this recipe! Cheesy loaded nachos was always a treat dish of mine before Keto but this recipe will certainly fill that hole, especially over winter! Thank you! Sim x