Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
This easy reuben casserole recipe is such a delicious way to eat corned beef. You can get your corned beef right from the deli, or make my pressure cooker corned beef and use the leftovers in this casserole. And since there’s no bread involved, this also happens to be a naturally low carb and keto reuben casserole. With all the sweet, sour, umami, and cheesy flavor in there, you’d never even think about that!
What Is Reuben Casserole?
This reuben casserole recipe takes all of the flavor of reuben sandwiches and puts it into a super simple casserole form. It’s made with roasted cauliflower, corned beef, sauerkraut, sugar-free Thousand Island dressing, and melty swiss cheese.
How To Make Reuben Casserole
- Roast cauliflower. Toss cauliflower with oil, salt, and pepper and roast in the oven, until browned.
- Assemble. Spread roasted cauliflower in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, corned beef, and then swiss cheese.
- Bake. Bake casserole until heated through and cheese is melted.
Low Carb Reuben Casserole FAQs
Is reuben casserole keto?
It depends on the casserole recipe and what the ingredients are! This reuben casserole uses cauliflower instead of typical casserole carbs like rice or potatoes, so each meal-sized serving has just 4.5 grams net carbs.
Is reuben casserole gluten-free?
Yes, while most reubens are made in sandwich form with bread, this one uses cauliflower, which makes it a great gluten-free meal. You can even serve keto bread on the side and still keep it gluten-free.
Can I use store-bought Thousand Island dressing?
Yes, you can. I highly recommend making my Thousand Island dressing recipe, as it’s super easy, has the best flavor, and no added sugar. But, feel free to use other Thousand Island or Russian dressing if you like – check the nutrition labels if that matters to you.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can make this casserole ahead and reheat when ready to serve. Or, you can prep some of the ingredients so that you just need to assemble and bake:
- Make corned beef. You can buy it pre-cooked, make smoked corned beef, or Instant Pot corned beef.
- Roast cauliflower.
- Make Thousand Island dressing.
Refrigerate casserole components until ready to assemble, OR assemble the casserole and store in refrigerator until ready to bake.
Can you freeze reuben casserole?
Yes, you can freeze reuben casserole for 2-3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave or a 350 degree F oven.
More Cheesy Casserole Recipes
- Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Casserole – Just 10 minutes to prep and it’s loaded with veggies, protein, and cheese.
- Mexican Ground Beef Casserole – Everyone loves this casserole with traditional Mexican flavors. Have everyone add their own toppings!
- Philly Cheesesteak Casserole – Your favorite sandwich in casserole form that comes together in just 30 minutes!
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole – Just 6 ingredients to make this simple casserole that has all the buffalo chicken flavors you love.
- Keto Big Mac Casserole – Like your favorite burger, but made as a casserole.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole – The most popular casserole on Wholesome Yum. Your whole family will love it!
Tools To Make Baked Reuben Casserole
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Baking Sheet – My go-to for roasting cauliflower, including what I need for this casserole.
- 9×13-Inch Baking Dish – Layer, bake, and serve this low carb reuben casserole recipe all in the same baking dish.
Easy Reuben Casserole Recipe
Keto Reuben Casserole Recipe
You'll love this melty low carb reuben casserole recipe made with 5 delish layers! And it's easy - only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper.
Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
When the cauliflower is done roasting, leave the oven on. Transfer the cauliflower to the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top with sauerkraut. Drizzle with thousand island dressing. Add the corned beef, and finally cover the top with Swiss cheese slices.
Place the casserole in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1/8 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂