This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
One common request I hear a lot in the low carb community is keto low carb bread recipes. Trust me, I get it! Sometimes you just want some sliced bread for a simple sandwich. Or some low carb garlic bread. My usual go-to’s are low carb bread with almond flour or keto low carb fathead bagels, but I’ve been looking for something a little lighter. That’s where this cauliflower bread recipe comes in.
Can you believe that this cauliflower bread with garlic and herbs has only 108 calories and 3g net carbs per slice? Yep, it’s true. I don’t count calories, but I do like to have light options available. This keto cloud bread is another great lighter choice for low carb bread.
Cauliflower tortillas and cauliflower bread sticks are pretty common, so why not simple cauliflower bread, right? Cauliflower is such a useful stand-in for starches in foods, I can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner. It’s a great way to make your low carb bread on the lighter side – not only in terms of carbs, but calories too.
Even though the slices aren’t very big, they are still big enough for a nice sandwich. You can multiply the recipe by 1.5, or even double it, if you prefer larger slices. You can also slice the bread thinner, if desired, to reduce the carbs more.
One of my favorite ways to use cauliflower bread is for grilled cheese. The flavors work so well together! The best part is, frying it a little creates a delicious crusty exterior.
That’s just one idea. You really can eat this bread in mostly the same ways you’d eat any other loaf of bread. Just look at those slices. Am I the only one that wants to make a huge BLT sandwich with them, like right now?
If it’s not obvious yet, my original intent for a cauliflower bread loaf was a lighter, low carb sandwich bread. It works well for that purpose, though it’s a little more dry and dense than some other low carb bread recipes. It tastes best with a spread, or condiments on your sandwich.
When I noticed this, it occurred to me a slightly drier cauliflower bread makes a great candidate for low carb garlic bread! And, since a low carb garlic bread recipe was on my list to make anyway, I was happy to combine the two.
I immediately topped some slices with butter, garlic, and parsley, along with a sprinkle of sea salt. Just 10 minutes in a hot oven, and viola! Cauliflower bread turned into low carb garlic bread! Who knew?!
Cauliflower Bread Recipe with Garlic & Herbs - Low Carb Garlic Bread
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Cauliflower Bread With Garlic & Herbs
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a 9x5 in (23x13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Steam the riced cauliflower. You can do this in the microwave (cooked for 3-4 minutes, covered in plastic) OR in a steamer basket over water on the stove (line with cheesecloth if the holes in the steamer basket are too big, and steam for a few minutes). Both ways, steam until the cauliflower is soft and tender. Allow the cauliflower to cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Place the coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, egg yolks, melted butter, garlic, and 1/4 of the whipped egg whites in a food processor.
- When the cauliflower has cooled enough to handle, wrap it in kitchen towel and squeeze several times to release as much moisture as possible. (This is important - the end result should be very dry and clump together.) Add the cauliflower to the food processor. Process until well combined. (Mixture will be dense and a little crumbly.)
- Add the remaining egg whites to the food processor. Fold in just a little, to make it easier to process. Pulse a few times until just incorporated. (Mixture will be fluffy.) Fold in the chopped parsley and rosemary. (Don't overmix to avoid breaking down the egg whites too much.)
- Transfer the batter into the lined baking pan. Smooth the top and round slightly. If desired, you can press more herbs into the top (optional).
Bake for about 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden. Cool completely before removing and slicing.
- How To Make Buttered Low Carb Garlic Bread (optional): Top slices generously with butter, minced garlic, fresh parsley, and a little sea salt. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F (233 degrees C) for about 10 minutes. If you want it more browned, place under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
You'll need to use the food processor twice - first to rice the cauliflower and then again to mix everything together. No need to wash in between, just rinse lightly to get rid of the raw cauliflower florets stuck to the sides.
Serving size: 1 1/2"-thick slice
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂