This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This keto Caesar salad recipe has everything you want in a chicken Caesar salad: crisp romaine lettuce, bright tomatoes, juicy chicken, and creamy homemade Caesar dressing… it’s hard to go wrong with that! But the best part is that the addition of my crunchy parmesan crisps. They make Caesar salad on keto possible. And I happen to think that the parm crisps make this the best chicken Caesar salad. They taste so much better than croutons, without all those pesky carbs or grains. Win-win!
Chicken Caesar salad is one of the few salads I would eat as a child. Given my love for salads now, it’s almost hard to believe! Salads are totally my jam these days, and given the amount of keto salad recipes on my site, that should be obvious! 😉
This easy Caesar salad recipe is both classic and updated at the same time, and I think you’ll find it’ll become a staple salad at your house, just like it is at ours. Now I serve it to my own kids, and while they don’t always love salads as much as I do, I know they’ll eventually come around.
This keto Caesar salad recipe with chicken was originally published on April 2, 2016, and was republished in November 2019, with new tips.
Chicken Caesar Salad Ingredients
- Parmesan Cheese Crisps – These crisps combine croutons and parmesan in one crispy crunch!
- Romaine Lettuce – Obviously 100% necessary for any Caesar salad, keto or not. It’s the crunch you want.
- Grape Tomatoes – Adds a bit of juicy sweetness and bright red color to the salad.
- Chicken Breast – The classic addition to Caesar salads, this adds protein and staying power.
- The BEST Keto Caesar Dressing – Another must as it wouldn’t be a Caesar salad recipe without it. This homemade dressing is super easy to make, and don’t be scared off by the anchovy paste, it’s an absolute must in Caesar salad.
How To Make Keto Caesar Salad
This keto Caesar salad recipe is ready in just 15 minutes, and can also be prepped in advance.
Let me show you how to make easy Caesar salad that happens to be keto friendly:
- Make keto Caesar salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate the dressing.
- Make parmesan crisps. You can find the parm crisps recipe here, just use all Parmesan instead of the cheddar and Parmesan blend.
- Toss together salad. Combine the romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and chicken in a bowl together.
- Crumble cheese crisps. Once the Parmesan crisps cool, gently break up the cheese crisps into smaller pieces into the salad. You want them to fit onto a fork.
- Top keto Caesar salad with dressing. Drizzle keto friendly Caesar salad dressing over the salad, toss, and serve.
Is Caesar Salad Keto?
Most chicken Caesar salads are not keto, as they are made with croutons. And even though Caesar dressing is usually safer for keto than sweet dressings, even that sometimes has sugar added, or is often made with GMO seed oils, like canola or soy.
So the question is always… can I eat Caesar salad on keto diet? And the answer is YES! Because Caesar salad on keto is possible, it just has to be the right Caesar salad recipe.
There are just 5 grams net carbs in a meal-size serving of this chicken Caesar salad recipe, so yes, it’s keto!
Chicken Caesar Salad Calories
Each cup of this homemade chicken Caesar salad has 184 calories. The full nutrition stats can be found below the recipe card.
Can You Make Caesar Salad Ahead?
Recipes that can be made ahead of time are a total lifesaver, whether you’re feeding a crowd or meal planning for weeknight dinners! You can make parts of this chicken Caesar salad recipe ahead of time, but you obviously wouldn’t want to toss it with the dressing until you’re ready to serve it.
You can mix up the Caesar salad dressing (keto approved!), bake the Parmesan crisps, and cook the chicken. When you’re ready to eat, simply toss everything together.
More Keto Salad Recipes
If you like this Caesar salad recipe, you’ll probably like some of these other low carb salad recipes:
- Healthy Taco Salad – Classic taco flavors, wrapped up in a hearty salad. It’s a family favorite!
- Chopped Italian Antipasto Salad – This salad is hearty enough to be a meal, but you can also serve it as a side. Totally up to you. 😉
- Thai Beef Salad – This flavorful salad is packed with tons of fresh flavors and satisfying Thai beef.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – Sweet strawberries, crunchy spinach, and creamy poppy seed dressing. It’s a must.
Tools To Make Caesar Salad On Keto:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Parchment Paper – Parchment paper is a must when making the Parmesan crisps to top your salad with. Without it, the cheese will stick to your baking sheet.
- Baking Sheet – This is the baking sheet that I prefer to use when the recipe calls for one. It’s the perfect size for this recipe.
- Salad Bowl – These salad bowls would be great for serving your salad on the dinner table.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Low Carb Keto Caesar Salad Recipe With Chicken
Caesar salad on keto is simple to make, with common ingredients! This easy keto Caesar salad recipe with chicken features parm crisps and homemade keto Caesar dressing.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Keto Caesar Salad Ingredients
Keto Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Make the Caesar salad dressing here. (It makes more than you need for the salad; you'll use 1/3 cup for the salad.) Cover and refrigerate.
Make parmesan cheese crisps according to instructions here. Use all parmesan cheese instead of cheddar and parmesan combination.
- Meanwhile, toss together the romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, and cooked chicken.
- Once the cheese crisps are ready, use your hands to crumble them into smaller pieces into the salad. Drizzle dressing on top, then toss again.
Made this recipe? Leave a rating! ★★★★★
Serving size: 2 cups
Video Showing How To Make Low Carb Keto Caesar Salad:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Low Carb Keto Caesar Salad!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.